Sunday, November 15, 2009

Osborne Village's Own Cupcakery

This morning I am posting a review on The Cupcake Corner because I am having my 1030 am chocolate craving and can't stop thinking about their chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing. I have tried making my own version because I am fairly handy in the kitchen but I cannot get the icing right. They know their stuff and the memory of their delicious icing has stayed with me since my last visit there.

I found this cupcakery with a friend maybe 6 months ago. I guess I had seen it in passing many times but finally found an excuse to stop in. We were out garage saleing and decided that we needed a sweet fix and drove past The Cupcake Corner and decided that it was our stop for the day. We chose the right place because as we entered The Cupcake Corner we saw rows and rows of brightly iced cupcakes. She chose a large mocha chocolate cupcake and I chose a large peanut butter chocolate for myself, & 2 small cupcakes in strawberry vanilla and banana chocolate for my little girl. I am a bit of a pusher when it comes to delicious baking. My girl cannot become one of those kids that prefer salty treats to chocolate. I would have to disown her. ;) Back to the review. Well....I am an icing woman. The cake of course was good but the icings were awesome!! I ended up eating the peanut butter and the banana one. My friend loved her mocha cupcake too. They were truly delicious.

Since then, my daughter calls Cupcake Corner her cupcake store and we go now and then and each pick a cupcake. She prefers the vanilla cupcakes with the fruity icings and I always get the peanut butter chocolate because I cannot get over the icing. It is a great place to drop in for something sweet. Normally they have chocolate or vanilla cupcakes with a variety of icings on hand for drop ins but if you want to try something new and even more exciting you can pre-order by the dozen nearly any flavour under the sun: red velvet, apple cinnamon, peanut butter & jam, coconut key lime, blueberry, double chocolate, maple walnut, peach, mango, after eight, banana cream, strawberry banana, chocolate bailey's, double chocolate brownie, strawberry almond, cranberry lemon, smore, lemon poppyseed, ginger apple, cookies & cream, and assorted cheesecakes: strawberry, raspberry, chocolate chips, pumpkin, etc, etc, etc.

I have noticed a new trend lately at the weddings I have attended. Many people are opting for a cupcake tower rather than a traditional wedding cake. The Cupcake Corner can cater weddings, birthday parties, or any other function. They also can make a birthday boy or girl a giant cupcake. The only thing better than a cupcake is a giant cupcake topped with peanut butter icing reaching up to the sky. Oh how I love that icing.





I am now dying for something sweet and they are unfortunately closed on Sundays so I am ending my review so I can dig for some chocolate chips from the freezer. Check out Cupcake Corner in person, pre-order by phone or order online at:

www.thecupcakecorner.ca

The Cupcake Corner - Winnipeg
439 Stradbrook Ave.
Winnipeg MB
R3L 0J7

Phone 204.453.CAKE (2253)
Fax 204.453.2287




The Cupcake Corner - Saskatoon
10-3311 8th St E.
Saskatoon SK
S7H 4K1

Phone 306.933.3385
Fax 306.933.3381

Email: info@thecupcakecorner.ca

Shop Hours
10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday
CLOSED - Sunday

"Why should people in the prairies have to fly as far as Vancouver just to enjoy a great cupcake? Our story is as simple as that. We decided to open The Cupcake Corner because our own love of this delicious and fun dessert. After researching and testing hundreds of recipes, we’ve found a premium, winning product that puts a smile on the face of every one who tries them. Now who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?

At the Cupcake Corner, we hand craft our mixes and hand ice our cupcakes, fresh every day. Stop by and pick up your cupcakes to go, have them delivered to your door, or talk to us about catering your event. We’re sure you’ll enjoy them as much as we do!" - The Cupcake Corner

1 comment:

cupcakelover said...

There's a new kid in town and she's hot!
www.ccups.ca. Their cupcakes are way, way better than the guys in Osborne Village. And the decor in the shop is fantastic, including a place to sit and enjoy their wicked coffee or tea as well. And friendly wow!