Tuesday, November 30, 2010

3 Weekends of Shopping Until Christmas: Less Than A Month To Go

I know I seem a little gift orientated with these 5,4,3 weekends of shopping left but I do actually love giving gifts...especially to kids.  Gift giving does not have to be this huge materialistic craze that everyone loaths.  I know what my kids truly want and they get that.  I just try to keep the rest of the junk out of the house.  Even a $100 gift can be junk if no one plays with it.  We give ideas to family who do buy gifts and we encourage imaginative play.  I think we are so worried that buying gifts is bad but it really can be a way of celebrating together.  It shows that you are paying attention to your child when you find the perfect gift for them.  We have to remember that kids are made to roam.  They are meant to be crazy, curious, run around, and play make believe.  Times are different then when our parents were kids.  Our small kids will not be running the streets unsupervised sowing their oats and letting their crazies out.  So to find the right toys, shows, and books to channel their energy is necessary in a mostly indoor life.  Around here we spend hours outside from Spring to Fall but when the cold blows in we end up inside most of the time.  We have many friends to play with but that still requires activities or toys.  I am thankful for the toys we have and we get rid of the toys that don't get used.
There...that's my preaching of the day.  ;) Gifts are good.  With that all said.....here is where YOU should be this week:

Tomorrow's: Great West Life
Wednesday, December 1st (11am-1pm)
Crafty Minions: The Handmade & Vintage Sale
Sat, Dec. 4th, 2010 (11am-5pm)
Aqua Books
274 Garry St

Springs Christian Academy Craft Sale
Saturday, Dec. 4th (10am-4pm)
Springs Church
595 Lagimodiere Blvd

Pinawa Winter Town Market
December 4th, 2010 (10am -3pm)
Community Centre in Pinawa Secondary School

11th Annual Christmas Craft and Bake Sale at Miles Macdonell Collegiate
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 (10am-3pm)
757 Roch Street

Paws for the Season at the Humane Society
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 (12pm-5pm)

This Ain't Your Grandma's Craft Show
December 5th, 2010 (6pm-10pm)
Park Theatre, (South) 698 Osborne St

Tuxedo Community Club Holiday Craft Sale
December 5th, 2010 (10am-3pm)
368 Southport Blvd
3 Buildings of Crafters!!

I am trying to get to the Crafty Minions because I LOVE vintage clothes and housewares as well as possibly the This Ain't Your Grandma's Craft Show because I missed last weekend's sale with the Manitoba Craft Council Sale.  I have visited quite a few sales this season so I am tuckering out slightly and my Christmas gifts have all been bought.  :)  So if anyone has a report on any sale please email it to me and I will be happy to post it.  I'd love to hear which crafters blew your mind, what you bought, and any other craft sale stories.   Email me at handmadeinmanitoba@gmail.com.

No comments: