Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Birth Photography with Kristel Bueckert

I have had many friends who have had loved ones snap photos or video taped their children's births. I have never seen a photo collage like this one though. Kristel Bueckert has a rare talent and has taken on a new challenge of photographing clients most important moments by photographing a family's labour, delivery, and the first newborn photos. It is an amazingly touching experience that will keep the memories close for this family's life. I know the couple that you see in the photos below. They were overjoyed with the photos. Scroll down the bottom after to find out all the info that Kristel offers about her photographing your child's birth.











































































































Birth FAQ


The birth of a child is one of the most significant and beautiful events in life and it is no surprise that more and more families are turning to professionals to help them document it.

What is included and how much does it cost?


My birth photography package includes my time during labour, delivery and up to 2 hours post, a cd with approx. 75-125 edited images in mostly black & white, and a dvd slideshow set to music. In addition you may purchase a beautiful keepsake book and/or upgrade your package to include a maternity and newborn session. Payment is due in two equal payments. The first payment is due within 7 days of booking my services and the second payment is due at our meeting prior to the birth. Please contact me for more information on prices.

How early should we book?

I only take 1 birth client per month, so I recommend booking as soon as possible.

Will we meet before the big day?

Yes! I would love to meet you for a coffee date sometime in your 3rd trimester to talk and go over your expectations, desires, and anything that you want or do not want photographed.

When do we call you?

Please contact me as soon as you think you are in labour! This gives me a heads-up to make arrangements and prepare.

I am concerned about sharing this day with a stranger...

When I photograph a birth I try to remain as inconspicious as possible. It is important to me to document your labour and birth as though I wasn’t even in the room. I use natural and ambient light whenever possible, avoiding flash unless absolutely necessary. My birth photography is very candid (no posing) and documentary-style, giving you time to yourself while capturing the moments that make up your story.

What if I have a caesarean?

In the event of a c-section, I will most likely not be allowed to accompany you in the OR. In this case I will send a camera (set on auto) in with your support person and process those images along with my own.

When do we get our pictures?

After the birth, I will try to quickly provide you with 1-2 images of baby for sharing with family and friends. The rest of the images and slideshow will take approx. 2-3 weeks depending on my schedule and the number of images.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me: kristelbueckert@gmail.com

No comments: