A great baby shower idea is bath and body products for baby or mom. If you have a look at the many bath and body products on the shelves of the groceries or pharmacies you will see that they are filled with terrible ingredients and some are actually toxic or cancer causing. I find baby products are always over scented and most are not very good for baby's delicate skin. There are many local soap makers that have amazing products that are awesome and safe. Just to name a few:
* They carry a baby and mom bath and body line that features items such as: Baby Butter, Belly Butter, All Natural Baby Wash, Sweet Dreams Soap, Goat's Milk Soap, Sweet Dreams Mister, 'Night 'Night Monster Spray & Roll On, Hand & Body Shea Lotion, and Healing Salve that is supposed to do wonders with Eczema.
* Look for them in the Craft Cupboard at the Forks in Winnipeg or:
* Look for Bottom's Up Shampoo and Body Wash, Bottom's Up Cream, Great Expectations Body Bar, or Teething Gel.
* Find them at either their 408 Academy Road location or their new location at 3-1650 Kenaston Crossing at Kenaston & Mcgillvary or online at:
* Features products that are 100% natural and handmade in Winnipeg. Check out their Baby Care line that includes Bum & Belly Balm, Gentle Hair & Body Wash, Massage Oil, Baby Powder, Gentle Mist, and Baby Soap.
* You can find them at 941 Westminster Avenue or online:
* They make many natural bath and body products that are also Eco Friendly. A few baby & mom ideas would be Talc Free Baby Powder, Baby Bum Oil, Soothing Goat's Milk and Oatmeal Soap, Massage Oils & Spritzers. I found them originally at the R.E.Stein Craft Fair last year but they can also be found through Etsy.
* The Soap Gallery makes Sensitive Skin Laundry Soap, Chamomile Citrus Soap, Creme de la Creme Luscious Lavender Cream, & Vintage Tea Rose Soap. Miss. Louise's bath and body products can be found all over the web:
* Just The Goods is one of my favorite go to places for bath and body products. The products are simple and delicious. Some products I have used on myself and my babes or plan to in the very near future are the Vegan Whipped Body Butters, Massage Oil, Calming or Sleepy Bath Melts, & Bath Salts. They will be introducing lotions and sunscreen soon too.
* Find them online at their many locations:
* They are another Winnipeg company that specializes in chemical free handmade body products. Check out their Groovy Baby Soap, Butter Creme, or Relaxation or Sleepy Time Bath Tea.
* They can be found:
* Sandy's Soap specializes in natural soaps made in small batches in their home while using herbs from their own garden. Some good baby and mom choices would be Avocado Milk Soap, Chamomile Tea Soap, or Shea Butter Unscented Soap. They can be found at many of the Winnipeg Craft Fairs and online:
* Creates vegan and natural products such as BooBoo Butter, Dry Patch Body Butter, & Fragrence Free Hand & Body Lotion.
* Di Erbe has a store at 1853 Main Street and can also be found at Vita Health in Osborne Village, McNally Robinson, and many other Manitoba retailers. You can also shop online: