I don't get why baby things have to be so ugly. There is the exisaucer, baby swing, bumbo seat, play pen, etc etc etc. They take up so much room and normally they are the tackiest things in the house. Why does everything baby have to be bright, huge, with animals and teddy bears printed all over them?
My second miff is the nursery. If is a boy it is blue and red with Disney's Cars all over the walls and for the girl it is 3 shades of pink with bright flowers and Disney's Princesses. Most of the characters chosen are from some movie or show that the child will not be old enough to see for a couple of years. I think a room can be decorated the same regardless of whether the baby is a boy or the girl. I think a nursery should be cheerful, comforting, and tranquil. Below is a collage of ideas with a broad range of price tags to help your mom to be decorate her child's nursery, play room, or even an older child's room.
If you can think of anything I have missed I would love to add it. Please email me at email@example.com.
* First off bedding and cozy nursery blankets are a great to warm up a baby's room. Notice how the fabrics do not have to have farm animals or trucks on them. ;)
* Wall art and photography can be a beautiful addition to your friend's baby nursery. The images do not have to be "baby" to make the room warm, sunny, and inviting to people of all ages. I have even found that framing nice designed cards or an inspirational board makes something interesting for kids to look at.
* Lastly, details like wall decals, mobiles, unique lighting, and cute light switch covers can bring out some fun and whimsy in the room. I have a little handmade owl switch cover, a wall dandelion decal, and a tiny little bird decal sitting on the door in my little girl's room. My boy's room has old cloth nursery rhyme books framed, some paintings i did of little animals, and a le petite prince switch cover. It actually was all the same, including the bedding, when it was my daughter's nursery. There was no need to "boy" it up. :D
Legend of items featured here:
1. Marathon1981 pair of prairie dogs on rocking chair
2&3. Lavish Lamb bedding
4. Lilypad blanket
5. Gurumama swaddling blankets
6. Trendy Babies blanket
7. Sweet Dreams blanket
8&9. Oma Mary blankets
10-14. Mellie Scraps blankets
15. Kate & Birdie inspirational board
16. Heavens Earth print
17. Heavens Earth painting on canvass
18. ADR Photographic Art ttv photograph
19. Pat Bragg photograph
20. Marathon1981 forest mushroom painting on canvass
21. ADR Photographic Art photograph
22. Trendy Babies mobile
23. Lifewords wall decals
24. Trendy Babies wall name sign
25. Sew Dandee light switch plate
26&27. Nuevo Designs