Sunday, May 29, 2011

Handmade In Manitoba Vrs Handmade In Manitoba

Hi Folks.  I just wanted to do a post on who I am and who I am not.  My name is Jenn.  I live in Wolseley.  I have 2 little ones and a fabulous hubby.  I like to write and I love my community.  I actually do not craft....other than a little not so good sewing.  :) 

I have had a few people thinking I am Olivia from a brand new crafters list publication venture and Facebook page called Handmade In Manitoba.  I wrote about her new venture in an earlier post.  I just want all my readers and crafters whom I write about to know that I do this to help my community and because I like writing.  I do not have a business nor will I ever ask for money for advertising or reviews or give any information to anyone wanting to make money off the artisans I write about.  My mission is to get everyone to quit shopping at box stores for every little thing because there is so many awesome local artisans and artists.  Ideally I would like everyone to eat at local restaurants, buy food from local farmers and shops, and buy all they can locally.  Even supporting a small local store who sells worldly items is better than supporting the large box stores. 

I also have nothing against any of the new writers talking about local crafters.  I would love it if 100 people were because then that would mean that our local community is getting tighter and tighter.  The more free publicity the better.  I don't even have a problem with anyone making it a paid job to advertise local crafters.  Really, publicity is publicity but I just don't want anyone to think I have ulterior motives.  I am not connected with anyone.  It is just me.  :) 

No comments: