Friday, October 15, 2010

The Holiday Craft Season: Coming Soon To Any Neighborhood Near You!!

There is absolutely no excuse to not shop local this holiday season.  I have been blogging local crafters for a year now and I have not seen the amount of craft fairs that the very close future has for us.  OMGoodness!  I am sure I have nearly thirty listed on the side panel of this blog and they are all over Manitoba.  The craft fairs will have a huge variety of artisans and crafters.  Each craft fair typically has a theme: all handmade, grandma jo crafts, mix of crafters & local vendors, Canadian wide crafters, artisans & vendors, art & photography, and of course the this ain't your grandma's crafts.  ;)  If you want to know what is going to be available so you head to the ones with the most artisans to match your style check for websites or for an email or phone number where you can get a vendor/artisan/crafter list.  Most have them available.  If you are a hard core research type like me, or just nosy, these lists often have small bios and websites of the artisans.

Please email me if I have missed a craft fair and/or if you have a list of vendors/artisans/crafters at your craft fair I will do a post about it to get the word out.  I am sure there are a dozen more that I have not heard of and I would hate to have you miss out on a local gem. ;)  handmadeinmanitoba@gmail.com

Happy Shopping!!

No comments: