Sunday, April 25, 2010

Willowcatstudio, Just The Goods, Mrs.Glockenheimen, Marathon1981, Dumb Chauffeur & more

There were quite a few new artisans from This Ain't Your Grandma's Craft Show that drew my interest. By the looks of their blogs and Etsy sites they are new to me, not new to the crafting world. Kami from Marathon1981 has a great photo shoot of all the tables at the sale so have a peak there and see what you missed.
http://attack1980sattack.blogspot.com/2010/04/tayg-craft-sale-visual.html

I finally got to see the Just the Goods table and all she has to offer. I love her body & bath line because the products are well made and her selection is amazing. I would like to see her start on some bar soaps too because I have this slight addiction for beautiful bar soaps. There are some good soap makers in town but they are harder to find in between sales. I picked up some oil bath fizzies for my little girl's bath and I trial size vegan peppermint toothpaste. I am planning to order some of her bath line mixed with sandlewood oil so I didn't pick up too much this time. I love sandlewood. I did a full review in January so have a peak:
http://handmadeinmanitoba.blogspot.com/2010/01/just-goods.html

Marathon1981 has been one of my favorite tables since I first saw it at The Vineyard Craft Fair last year. I love her little stuffed monsters and I have a hard time not buying them all up. Her reclaimed fabric and vintage fabric creatures are one-of-a-kind and no two are the same. My 1 yr old boy was my hot date for this craft show and he also liked this table the best. I had a hard time not buying him a little red monster that caught our fancy.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/marathon1981

Boomerang360 had real cute designs as usual and I loved the screen printed green underwear and her bags that were co-made with another artisan at this sale, Dumb Chauffeur. Dumb Chauffeur showed their Manitoba roots with their neat retro Manitoba prints like highway signs but my favorite was their clutches made from recycled suits and ties. I loved them!!!
http://dumbchauffeur.blogspot.com

Willowcatstudio had one of a kind cards that I have not seen anywhere before. There are usually a couple neat card tables at these craft shows but her kitty and creepy beast cards are truly innovative.
http://www.willowcatstudio.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/willowcatstudio

Mrs.Glockenheimen handcrafted storybook jewelry & treasures was a fun table for me. My little girl loves dress up and there were several brooches that I had a hard time not picking up. I am keeping her card for the next time I need gift ideas for her or her little girlfriends that also love to play dress up. Her jewelry is not exclusive to dress up brooches. There were neat designs for all ages. Her website is currently under construction so I can't snag a photo for this site. I will email her and add a photo as soon as I can.
http://mrsglockenheimen.weebly.com

This is just a little taste of the goodies featured at the This Ain't Your Grandma's Craft Show. There was bamboo clothes, cycling hats, Sew Dandee Designs crocheted bows and new cards made on recycled paper, leather jewelry, soaps, and so much more. One of my favorite tables was a women named Karen who made super cute oven mitts. I am currently doing a kitchen renovation so I couldn't decide on what colours would work and they were sold up super fast. By the time I walked around the room she sold half her oven mitts. I may have to get a hold of her once my kitchen is done for a beautiful set of oven mitts.

It was a small sale with beautiful handmade items. It was nice to meet some of the people that I have featured here and see some of their new things. I look forward to Intermixamania DIY Craftival, May 7-9th. I think there will be some great artisans participating in that one too. I plan to write a review of some of the artisans I liked at the Scattered Seeds Craft Show. I put my notes somewhere and have to find them. ;) I hope you have some time to enjoy some of the local craft shows happening in May. It is a busy month and should be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Just the Goods said...

Thank you so much, Lulu! I am thrilled you're continuing to love Just the Goods!! It is my absolute pleasure to bring you products you enjoy *and* feel good about =-) =-)
Bar soap.... I've been thinking about it. In a few weeks I'll be able to dedicate more time to JTG on a regular basis, so it might become available sooner than later ;-)

Fakharuddin40 said...

Thanks for your nice share. I love it. Keep posting your good work.

Send flowers Pakistan