Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just The Goods

I cannot stand over processed products. It is a pet peeve of mine. I don't get why we can't live on less. I feel like I am a magnet for crafters that have the same ideals. I am sure this the reason they are making their own food, soaps, or body products instead of buying the store brands.



Milena of Just The Goods found me here and sent me a lovely bag of bath samples to try. There is not much that I like more than a nice deep bath in my claw foot tub, candles, and a movie on my lap top. Before I had children I had been to a couple spas for treatments. My favorite treatment is the exfoliation salt scrubs. Well, Just The Goods makes their own with a twist...fresh oils, sea salt, essential oils blended to create delicious scents...like bath cocktails. I guess they have a love for good body products and liquor. ;)

I will keep this G-rated. :D I balanced on the edge of my tub watching Dexter and scrubbed away all my stress. The scent was Gin and Tonic (Lime & Juniper). I figure since I can't drink for another few months I can smell like I do. ;) I fell asleep so peacefully and the next day I still felt amazing. My skin so soft. Milena also dropped off some Zoom Zoom Bath Salts (Peppermint, Juniper, and Rosemary) and Pink Grapefruit and Black Pepper Whipped Bath Butter. I am now a Just The Goods fan for life. I already have gift ideas for friends and will be buying my bath products from them from now on.

I am cutting and pasting some great details from their websites but you should take a peak yourself. Just The Goods has an amazing line of vegan toothpastes, shaving solids, lip balm, whipped body butters & foot butters, toners, washes, massage oils, and everything for an awesome bath. All of their products are professionally made and packaged. They have some sexy Valentine's Day products available and another half a dozen new products that will be released soon. Here's content from the Just The Goods websites:

"Every day indulgences shouldn’t cost the earth or our health. It is affordable to look and feel great without unnecessary exposure to petrochemicals, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial fragrances, dyes and flavours. Everything we make features “just the goods” and nothing else. Most of our items are made without animal-derived ingredients and we are striving toward a 100% vegan selection.

And what’s the point of wasteful packaging, anyway? Most of our products come in re-useable canning jars and the price for these items includes a $1.50 refundable deposit that you can use toward your next purchase.
To facilitate shipping and to support different types of products (i.e. lotions, toners, lip balm, etc.) we also offer products in re-useable HDPE plastic bottles, which is considered one of the safest forms of plastics.
Since we’re small and local, we’re happy to offer custom blending services. Do you have a unique fragrance or flavour combination in mind? Ask us about it — we’ll see what we can do!"

"Snow is melting and layers of clothing are coming off! Is it gettin’ hot in here, or are thoughts of Valentine’s Day beginning to enter our minds?
Love your lovers, your friends, and yourself with earth and body-friendly treats from Just the Goods!
In addition to our regular line of products including kiss enticing lip balms and shaving solids, we are also pleased to feature limited edition aphrodisiac blends of…
- Massage oil
  • spicy nights: cinnamon, ylang ylang + sweet orange essential oil
  • steamy dreamy: lavender + ylang ylang essential oil
  • classic romance: rose absolute
  • playful: clove essential oil + vanilla absolute
  • magic potion: neroli + sandalwood essential oil with jasmine + rose absolute (add $2.00)*
- Body butter
  • spicy nights: cinnamon, ylang ylang + sweet orange essential oil
  • classic romance: rose absolute
  • playful: clove essential oil + vanilla absolute
  • lavender, bergamot + ylang ylang
- Bath salts
  • steamy dreamy: lavender + ylang ylang essential oil
  • classic romance: rose absolute
  • magic potion: neroli + sandalwood essential oil with jasmine + rose absolute (add $2.00)
- Bath melts
  • romantic (rosewood, patchouli, ylang ylang essential oil)
- Sugar scrub
  • spicy nights: cinnamon, ylang ylang + sweet orange essential oil
  • classic romance: rose absolute
  • playful (clove essential oil + vanilla absolute and vanilla extract)
- Roll-on fragrance
  • neroli + ylang ylang essential oil
  • sandalwood essential oil & jasmine absolute
  • spicy nights: cinnamon, ylang ylang + sweet orange essential oil
  • steamy dreamy: lavender + ylang ylang essential oil
  • classic romance: rose absolute
  • playful: clove essential oil + vanilla absolute
  • magic potion: neroli + sandalwood essential oil with jasmine + rose absolute (add $1.00)*
We’re taking advance orders for Valentine’s Day to ensure we can make and provide everyone’s first choice of items. Interested in gift baskets? Contact us for details!"


Take a look at their numerous online sites and pick out your favorite body products. The prices are awesome and they have sample packs if you want to try a variety. They are a heck of a lot better than the bath shops....even everyone's favorite (for some reason) Bath & Body. They are made from simple, natural ingredients but the end product is far from simple.

http://justthegoods.etsy.com
http://justthegoods.wordpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/justthegoods
http://www.justthegoods.net


No comments: