Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Exchange District Revisited

I spontaneously took the kiddos to the Museum of Man & Nature today.  We were heading to the park and then turned the other way to catch a bus downtown.  It felt like a day of exploration.  ;)  After the museum we followed the music to Market Square and had some delicious and very bad for me vegetarian poutine from Smoke's Poutinerie while listening to a musician playing some classic hits.  After that we of course ended up at Cake-ology for a chocolate imperial cookie and peanut butter and chocolate cupcake.  The imperial cookie was all chocolate with chocolate ganache inside and blue icing.  It was $1.50.  For 3 imperial cookies and a cupcake it was just over $8. Why are all the bakeries so much more money??
After we were full of fat, salt, and sugar we walked down Arthur for a play at Toad Hall Toys which happens to be my favourite toy store.  :)  We are home an lazy now and I was checking my Facebook and my status quote from last year was that I visited the museum with the kidlets and then visited Cake-ology.   I am guessing it wasn't spontaneous...it seems to be in the cards that August 30th is reserved for Museum and cupcakes and my subconscious makes sure I get there somehow.  ;)



 

No comments: