"I’m a mostly self-taught metal smith and jewellery designer originally from Winnipeg. I spent many years overseas and learned my craft while living in Europe. I am influenced by European style and design, and am committed to creating works that are environmentally friendly. I use only all natural materials including metals, wood, leather, semi-precious stones, horn and bone in my designs; I avoid chemicals in my process and favour water based solutions and dyes. I’ve been running my etsy shop for a little over a year now and it has been amazing. It’s exhilarating to know that there are people all over the world wearing my designs. I’ve been trying hard to become involved with local artisan and crafter circles in the months that I have been back in Winnipeg, and in a few weeks I’ll be one of the artisans at the first annual W.E.S.T. sale!"
Her up coming craft sales where you can find her:
W.E.S.T. – R.A. Steen CC on October 13th
Brandon’s Big One – October 20th and 21st
Dakota CC – November 3rd and 4th
R.A. Steen CC – November 17th
Window on Christmas (St. Vital) - November 18th
Tree and Light Festival – December 1st and 2nd
Holidaze Craft Show – December 7th and 8th
Kat has also been at the Forks on the plaza (in front of the pancake house) every Sunday and will be until the end of the month (only 2 weeks left!) and at the Wolseley Farmers’ Market every Tuesday (4pm - 8pm ). For more details about Kat and her work check out her about me website.
1. Industrial Earrings and Ring Set – made with bronze and recycled sterling silver, oxidised with a water based solution
2. Runway Bangle – made with natural wood, genuine smoky quartz, sealed with organic oil
3. Sand Blast Ring – made with bronze and genuine quartz set in sterling silver
4. Geometry Bangles – made with German silver
5. Pearls in a Pod Earrings and Necklace Set – made with bronze, sterling silver and fresh water pearls