Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inferno's Bistro

I am going to keep this review short because there are many reviews online for Inferno's Bistro. They have quite a following. The points I want to make about Inferno's Bistro is that it is the place to go for a celebration. My hubby works with a partner at a small successful financial company so our Christmas party is small. Including their assistant Carol there were 3 couples. They chose Inferno's Bistro for 2 years in a row because they know how to host and cook!! The service feels like 5 star and the food is amazing. The menu is very french bistro with a wide spread from sandwiches with delicious french fries to high end entrees like lamb, duck, and seafood.

Being French they unfortunately do not have a wide variety of vegetarian food. I guess the French like meat. Even with limited choices I still found a great meal to be had. My husband and I started with Cambenzola Frit, fried cambenzola (cheese) served in a raspberry balsamic coulis. I love cheese. ;) It was a good start to the meal. For my next course I had Bouillabaisse aux Légumes Soup with a gruyère crouton and rouille (garlic spicy mayonnaise). It had a light broth with beets and other vegetables. It tasted like it was made to order. Very fresh and light. I love sandwiches so for my entree I happily munched on their Aubergine Grillée Panini both times which is grilled japanese eggplant, roasted mixed peppers, red onion, garlic and provolone. They also have a wide array of desserts that are all more extravagant than the last. I had a chocolate torte both times and they were an AWESOME end to the meal. Truly delicious. The entire meal was perfect.

I would recommend making reservations and to try to get a table upstairs because the main floor is a little squishy and open. During busy times people can be waiting for their table right by where you are eating. Upstairs is very warm and cozy like you are visiting a friend's home. The servers are very professional and friendly.

Other reviews:

http://www.infernosbistro.com/reviews.cfm

http://where.ca/winnipeg/guide_listing.cfm?listing_id=3703

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154954-d783554-Reviews-Inferno_s_bistro-Winnipeg_Manitoba.html

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/332/1433234/restaurant/Infernos-Bistro-Winnipeg

Hours of Operation

Monday to Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday to Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sundays: Closed
Inferno's Bistro
312 Rue des Meurons
Winnipeg
(204) 262-7400

No comments: