Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I found Secret Garden Soap Company

Way way back at the start of this blog adventure I wrote about Jennifer from Secret Garden Soap Company. I had come across her table at the Assiniboia Downs Farmers Market this fall. The only problem I had was that I couldn't find her anywhere online or being sold at any shops so it was kind of a dead end.

While, Jennifer found me here. The reason I couldn't find her was because Secret Garden Soap does not exist anymore. She is now North Country Soapworks and her soaps & other bath products can be purchased online. It seems that her business started because of her daughter's eczema. I know what it is like because I suffer from it as well. It is really hard to find the balance between a soap that is mild enough for sensitive skin and can still work on man sweat (husband, not me). I have cut & paste her company description off her site. Make sure to check out her soaps especially if you have skin allergies.


"North Country Soapworks is a Manitoba home based business committed to producing the finest quality handmade soaps. We make all of our soaps in small batches using the cold process method to ensure quality and freshness. All of our soaps are measured, mixed, poured, cut and packaged by hand . We use only the finest quality oils such as coconut, olive, palm, soybean, cocoa butter, almond oil, as well as essential oils and fragrance oils. We strive to use minimal packaging, are environmentally friendly, and use no animal byproducts with the exception of goat milk in our soaps.


I began making soaps in an effort to relieve the eczema that my daughter had been experiencing since "babyhood". I began with a basic goat milk soap, and after continued use, the results were amazing ! What I learned was that she didn't have eczema at all, but rather a reaction to the harsh detergents and fillers found in even the most "gentle" commercially made soaps. After using our handmade soaps, her sensitivities disappeared and she has had no problems with skin sensitivities since.
Since then, we've been experimenting with different scents, colors, and botanicals to produce a variety of handmade natural soaps that appeal to a wide variety of individuals. We have a lot of fun with our creations and no batch is ever exactly the same.

We take part in many Farmers Markets in the summer months, and craft sales during the months leading up to the holiday season, and our feedback has been very positive with many repeat individual and business customers. But, don't take our word for it....let our products speak for themselves! Try some today!"

www.northcountrysoapworks.com


original post on Jennifer's soap

No comments: